- This assembly of believers is Biblical and fundamental in process of development and governance. It adheres to the historic Christian faith; and, as were the churches established by the apostles of Christ, is independent and free from any form of human organization which would exercise control over it. It is self-governing. In no case shall this church join with a group which places any claim on the property or exercises a dictatorial jurisdiction over the ministry of the church. In no case shall this church forfeit her authority.
- This assembly of believers stands for the historic Christian faith, and upholds the Bible as the divinely inspired, totally inerrant (in the original manuscripts) authority for Christian faith and practice. It therefore places proper importance on historical orthodoxy and Biblical doctrine.
- This assembly of believers finds its source of authority and reason for existence solely in the Bible. The Bible is looked upon not merely to be studied by pastors and elders, but by every believer-priest, as a source of instruction for daily guidance. Every activity is sought to be centered around the written Word of God, as recorded in the Bible.
- Regarding independence, this church, at the discretion of the elders, may temporarily ally itself with other churches of like faith and practice for the purposes of fellowship, education, evangelistic outreach, or community service. All such alliances will be temporary in nature and will be dissolved immediately upon completion of the stated objective. In no case may this church surrender decision-making power over its affairs. No permanent mergers of any description with any body or group will be contrived without a specific constitutional amendment to that effect.
- This assembly of believers adheres to four Scriptural distinctives, or features, as it claims the right and privilege to carry forth a ministry for Christ.
Regenerated Church Membership
We believe that only those who have personally and consciously received Christ as their Savior have a right to local church membership. Acts committed by parents, ministers, or others in behalf of another cannot save a person. Acts 2:47 clearly states that “The Lord added to the Church daily such as were being saved.” “…Jesus declared, I tell you the truth, unless a man is born again, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.” John 3:3
This church believes in open communion and holds that there is no Scriptural basis for restricting communion to only church members. This assembly of believers welcomes all who are truly born again to remember the Lord with us at the communion table. (The observance of a communion service may be administered by any of the elders or by any person in whom Scripturally based authority is given. Examples: in the home – the husband; in small groups – elders.)
We believe that such practices as fund raising schemes, church suppers for profit, raffles and sales, or assessing each member a certain amount each year are totally unscriptual. We hold that the local church should be supported by the free will offerings of saved persons, not by commercial or worldly appeals. 1 Corinthians 16:1; 2 Corinthians 9:6-8.
Spiritual Unity of All Believers
There is a Church which transcends all earthly denominations and organizations. It is called in Scripture: “the body of Christ” Ephesians 1:22-23 and is the universal Church composed of all believers regardless of earthly affiliation.
“For by one Spirit we are all baptized into one body…” 1 Corinthians 12:13. This assembly, however, tests the spirits to see whether they be of God, for all must meet and be tested by the Word of God. Therefore, loyalty to Christ and His Word is held above any earthly wisdom. We seek and endeavor, as enabled by God, to further the work and ministry of His church, while remembering that the local church is the “pillar and ground of the truth”. 1 Timothy 3:15